Thursday, November 27, 2008

92s

There's no good enough tables on RedStar, so I had to start another kickback bonus. Since I can't download software from iPoker network (it gets blocked by antivirus and I don't want to reinstall it, again), I started one from Ongame network. Here's one interesting hand from my second session:

CO: 78/4/0.5, went2sd 59%
Button: 46/3/1.1
BB: 46/15/3.4

0.50/1 Limit Holdem
4 players

Pre-flop: (1.5 SB, 4 players) Hero is SB 9 2
CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB checks

Flop: 5 4 6 (4.0 SB, 4 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks, Button checks

Turn: K (2.0 BB, 4 players)
Hero checks, BB bets, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls

River: A (6.0 BB, 4 players)
Hero checks, BB bets, CO raises, Button folds, Hero calls, BB 3-bets, CO calls, Hero calls

Final Pot: 15.0 BB
Hero shows: 9 2
BB shows: 3 2
CO shows: 6 5

There are 2 bad passive players already in the pot and my hand is suited, so I decided to join them confident I can outplay them postflop. Nice flop, someone has to have something and I already checked the check/fold box. To my surprise no one bets.
Turn, I pick up a flush draw and I'm closing the action getting 5:1, so I'm more than happy to call.
River, after CO raised, I considered folding since he is so passive I was afraid he had a better flush. But, I have 4th nuts and after thinking a few seconds, I decided I'll just call.

I was talking to my friend yesterday and he said that withdrawing most of my bankroll and leaving myself with only $2k was a stupid idea. He thinks I should be playing at least 2/4 6max or at least 3/6 FLHU. Although I know he's right, I'm just not confident enough to move up without proof of being a successfull winning player on my current stakes.

No comments: