Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009

Happy New Year everyone.

Last year was a good year for me, at least when it comes to poker. On a scale from 1-10 I'd say it deserves a 6. What's most important in poker is profit and I've made more in 2008 than in 2006 and 2007 together so I'm happy with that fact. Especially since I play the same stakes as I did last 2 years and I've spent ~10% less time playing poker than in 2007 and ~20% less time than a year before.

I'm not happy with the fact I'm still playing only $0.5/$1 and only occasionally $1/$2. This is very frustrating since I was a successful $1/$2 player 3y ago when I started but now, whenever I move up, I'm running so cold it forces me to move back to $0.5/$1. Moving up will be my number one priority in new year, at least in poker.

Other than poker, it was a lousy year, I'd give it a 4. I'm a sports fanatic and spending first 6 months last year rehabilitating from ACL injury was a nightmare. Not because it was difficult, but because I wasn't able to play for my team and we were fighting for a promotion (which we achieved, but thanks to league reorganization).

Here are my poker goals for 2009:

1) succeed at FLHU and move up to $10/$20 before 31.12.2009.
2) achieve a win rate of >3 BB/100 at each level (without rakeback and/or bonuses)
3) play at least 150 000 hands
4) eliminate tilt from my game

No comments: