Thursday, October 15, 2009

Heads up no limit

Yesterday I had a good day at the HUNL tables. Finally. Plus 2 buy ins. It's not that great but I'm happy since it's a nice change to finally win something after losing all the time. I play on Party with only 6 BI bankroll which is not recommended, of course, but I don't want to make a deposit. To be honest, it's not recommended to play on Party at all because of their ridiculous rake. My goal is to feel the game and see if I'm good enough to play HUNL and then I can go somewhere else and play seriously. Right now I'm table selecting like mad, I play only shortstackers and really weak players who don't raise preflop and quitting everyone who raises their first 2-3 small blinds.

Overall, I'm 1 BI down after 2250 hands. I'm losing with three of a kind, mainly because of this hand:

SB - $15
Hero (BB) - $50.85

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 2 players) Hero is BB 3 3
SB calls, Hero checks

Flop: J T 3 ($1, 2 players)
Hero checks, SB bets $1, Hero raises to $3, SB goes all-in $13.50, Hero calls $11.5

Turn: 6 ($30, 2 players)

River: K ($30, 2 players)

Final Pot: 9.5 BB
SB shows: A Q
Hero shows: 3 3

This was the only hand where I had trips and we went all-in.

Some interesting stats:
AA lost $15
AKs lost $15
JJ lost $27 (2 preflop all-ins, against Q3o and Q9o, lost both times; first against runner runner flush and second time he hit 2 Q, on flop and river)

Overall, I know I'm not playing well enough and to be honest, I'm not trying to study this game at all, just trying to feel the game since I don't have time to study poker right now. But I will, as soon as possible.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

žao mi je da ti tako ide,nadam se da ce se popraviti u buducnosti:)ali razumin kako ti je,jer i sam se nalazim u slicnoj situaciji,ali nadam se poboljšanju situacije...pozz:)

eSco said...

sto je s tobom? nema te nigdje online... cesci update ovog pls :)

K said...

Hey, don't give up on the poker blogging. I'm about to venture into heads up no limit myself and start blogging about it on Wednesday. It's a pretty scary deal but I'm gonna give it my best, study hard and hopefully learn a lot. Heads up is always the hardest cause of the psychological aspect and having to know your opponent thoroughly and adjust to his game. It's hard but it's definitely a lot of fun. Keep up the blogging. Look forward to seeing your next post in your NLHE HU game. :)

ovchica said...

Hej eSco! Kak me nema, na Fejsu i Skajpu sam stalno ;) MSN me jebe kad god ga upalim, zato ga vise ne palim.

ovchica said...

Hi Keith!
I gave up on HUNL for now. I just don't have the time to study a new game but I will follow your blog, maybe you can inspire me to come back ;)